I am trying to understand the phenomenon of space-time. But, everything on internet seems to be too complicated for me since I do not have a background in physics. Can anyone give me simple explanations for the following:
- What is the difference between time and space-time?
- How does gravity affect the passage of time?
- What is the speed of light and how does it relate to time?
- How do scientists deal with timescales on the order of billions of years if time is not constant for all observers in the universe?
- How is time, or for example the age of the universe, actually measured experimentally?