I'm an undergrad in physics and astronomy deciding to look into applying for time on a research telescope, and I'm not sure how to proceed with locating/finding telescopes that I can apply for time on. Specifically, I'm interested in looking at the chemical composition of protostellar disk(s). Any applicable information would be nice.

  • $\begingroup$ How are you intending to find the chemical composition of protostellar disks? You probably need mid- to far-infrared spectroscopy of mm-wave observations or possibly radio observations? Your question is too vague to be helpful. $\endgroup$ – Rob Jeffries Jun 25 '17 at 11:29

As an undergraduate, you are a member of a university. Your first step then should be to talk to your Professors.

As a guide to what might be expected, look at the University of Arizona telescope proposal page They accept proposals from members of Arizona University. You have to have a clear aim and plan. This is why you need to talk to your professors first.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.