It's my first time going to see the Quadrantids Meteor Shower, or any meteor shower in fact. I just want to know if I'm getting the right info for viewing this event. I got my info from this site Timeanddate.com. My location is Penang, Malaysia. Peak time: 5th Jan 2020
To my knowledge,
- I won't be able to witness the event earlier than 4am because the position of the radiant is below the horizon.
- I will need to be at a dark area (using this as a guide)
- I will need to be facing 32-41 degrees northeast of True North. For this I will be using Google Maps instead of a compass because compass is magnetic North?
- I will need to look for it at 6 to 33 degrees above horizon (depending on the time)
- A local article such as this can't be trusted because it says you can view it from 11pm (there are many sites other local sites claiming you can see the event starting from 11pm)
Good to go?