I have tried to connect a 12v DC adaptor and also a battery pack to my telescope unsuccessfully. Sadly it seems Celestron DC jack needs to be around 2mm longer than common 5525 DC ports. I was wondering what are those barrel connectors called so I can google it to find a male to male cable that is compatible. And if Celestron is using an uncommon port to make customers buy its products or there is a technical reason for that?

Celestron DC5525 connector with ~14mm head.

enter image description here

Celestron DC5525 connector with 10mm head

enter image description here

I found this amazing illustration

enter image description here

  • $\begingroup$ Can you add any details? to what you are plugging in to? Which model and/or year of the "Celestron" (I assume it's the computer drive on one of their telescopes, but it could be some other product of theirs) If the box also has a model number that would be helpful too. Sometimes electronics comes with different connectors in different regions of the world as well. $\endgroup$
    – uhoh
    Feb 7, 2021 at 13:37
  • $\begingroup$ There's also Electronics SE but they will demand some details for sure. $\endgroup$
    – uhoh
    Feb 7, 2021 at 16:05
  • $\begingroup$ There are power supplies with multiple adapters (e.g. amazon.com/Belker-Universal-Adapter-Supply-Speaker/dp/…) One of them might fit your telescope $\endgroup$ Feb 7, 2021 at 20:33


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .