Well, I have this picture and a couple of tasks to it:
It is the Sun's path, a.k.a. ecliptic in autumn, 22-23 of September or on the day when autumnal equinox happens. I am to answer these questions:
- In the arc of what big circle does the Sun make its daily movement on this day?
- Which points of the celestial sphere are the poles of this circle?
- At what points on the horizon does the Sun cross it on this day?
My asnwer to the first question is ecliptic. I may misunderstood the second question but I think it is these points (taken from here):
- North: right ascension 18h 0m 0.0s (exact), declination +66° 33′ 38.55″
- South: right ascension 6h 0m 0.0s (exact), declination −66° 33′ 38.55″
But how do I answer the third question: does the Sun cross them over that day?